That sounds like your backend storage might be the cloud storage or you have very old drive that is not flushing cache before powering down. Assuming it is Intel pc, make sure BIOS settings for hard drive is set to AHCI mode and set it as removable or hot swappable drive type which should force it to flush cache upon power down command is sent to it.

-----
Excuse the typos. It's the mobile thingy!



On October 2, 2026 6:59:05 PM scum buster <[email protected]> wrote:


I have it set to autosave and apparantly it ISNT autosaving.....its not
just one transaction that gets lost...its a bunch, which were done
during my last session (if I did not manually save it).

On 10/1/2026 5:56 PM, Kalpesh Patel wrote:
I have the pre-build binaries of the 4.14 version running on Windows and it
auto saves as well. If anything it would only be the current in-flight
transaction not saved.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Heller <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2026 2:29 PM
To: David T. <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]; David Carlson <[email protected]>; ?
scum buster <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Autosave question

I'm still using a built-from-source 4.14, and the auto-save does in fact
save the file.

At Thu, 01 Oct 2026 21:42:17 +0530 "David T." <[email protected]> wrote:

I don't use this feature, but the documentation very clearly states:

"Auto-save time interval: This field sets the number of minutes between
each automatic saving of the file. Set to 0 to disable the auto-save
feature."
This (and the name of the preference) would strongly suggest that the
feature is supposed to, ahem, *save* the file in question, and not just toss
up a reminder.
But, I'm sure I've misread things.

David T.

On October 1, 2026 8:50:27 PM GMT+05:30, David Carlson
<[email protected]> wrote:
iirc, auto save is only a reminder, not an action.  However, you
should be able to import transactions entered after the last manual
save using the replay logs feature.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 7:56C"B

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to