We seem to be barking up four or more different trees:
1) A transaction in process is not saved, as the data store and code are 
designed to ignore it even during a save, auto or not.  This only explains one 
lost trans per account.
2) Does an SQL back end behave differently from an XML one?  I would expect SQL 
inserts, updates, commits every time a transaction is added or modified and 
exited, so yes, but not the in process trans.  How hard is it to move from XML 
to some RDBMS?  I started out there, but somewhere got defaulted to XML.
3) Does his disk file get saved to persistent media?  I use GDrive with no 
obvious problem other than awaiting it to get active after Win11 login.  This 
issue might even complicate an SQL backend if the server is local and the files 
are remote. 
4) Having a window pop up asking if you really want a save when autosave times 
out means no auto save at all when the PC is unattended.  I guess beware?
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[email protected]
To update your subscription preferences or to unsubscribe:
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Reply via email to