On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 4:38 PM, Jean-Claude Guédon <
jean.claude.gue...@umontreal.ca> wrote:

part of the 30% (however it is calculated - is it 30% of WoS articles?)
> comes from the Gold road, and, therefore, falls under a different kind of
> argument.

Yes, it's based on WoS articles (hence an underestimate of the total) and
includes both Green and Gold OA.

Here are some data from a couple of years ago, when Green OA was about
20%: Gold OA was about 2%:

Gargouri, Yassine, Lariviere, Vincent, Gingras, Yves, Carr, Les and Harnad,
Stevan (2012) Green and Gold Open Access Percentages and Growth, by
Discipline. In: *17th International Conference on Science and Technology
Indicators (STI)*, 5-8 September, 2012, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Montréal.
http://eprints.soton.ac.uk/340294/

Stevan Harnad