To try and get a sense of how open access looks from different parts of the
world, particularly as the strategy of engineering a global "flip" of
subscription journals to a pay-to-publish gold OA model gains more traction,
I am interested in talking to open access advocates in different parts of
the world, ideally by means of matched interviews.

Earlier this month, for instance, I published a Q&A with Jeff MacKie-Mason,
UC Berkeley's University Librarian and Chief Digital Scholarship Officer.
(https://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/north-south-and-open-access-view-fro
m.html).

Yesterday, I published a matched Q&A covering the same themes with Mahmoud
Khalifa, a librarian at the Library of Congress Cairo Office, and DOAJ
Ambassador for the Middle East and Persian Gulf. This interview can be read
here:
https://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/north-south-and-open-access-view-from
_24.html

I have also been asking those I interview to comment on the answers given by
their matched interviewee. Mahmoud Khalifa's response to the MacKie-Mason
Q&A is incorporated in this post:
https://poynder.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/north-south-and-open-access-mahmoud.h
tml

I am open to suggestions for further matched interviews.

Richard Poynder