From: goal-boun...@eprints.org <goal-boun...@eprints.org> On Behalf Of David
Prosser
Sent: Wednesday, 21 August 2019 23:43
To: Global Open Access List (Successor of AmSci) <goal@eprints.org>
Subject: Re: [GOAL] DOAJ: handmaiden to despots? or, OA, let's talk

I was on the Advisory Board at the time and so my comments may be discounted.

But my feeling is that the history of the DOAJ over the past few years has been
that it has responded positively to very robust criticism, worked closely with
the wider community in an interactive and engaged way to address such
criticism, and emerged stronger as a result.

Any suggestion that the DOAJ has regarded 'all feedback / critique as anti-open
access' is, in my view, hugely wide of the mark.

David

From: goal-boun...@eprints.org<mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org>
<goal-boun...@eprints.org<mailto:goal-boun...@eprints.org>> on behalf of Guédon
Jean-Claude