Passport is ONLY a travel document. People with more than one passport have a choice to use an appropriate passport depending upon where they travel and the purpose of their travel. IMHO, most people do not carry their passport to show their patriotism.
When Kuwait was invaded, British Asians burnt their British passport and acquired Indian passport (probably by speaking Indian language) just to get out of Kuwait / Iraq / Jordan etc. Without doubt, most Goans acquire Portuguese passport just to enter EEC countries and NOT because they love Portugal more than Goa. Cip -----Original Message----- Colaco-Dias, Paulo, Sent: 04 September 2003 12:59 Subject: RE: [Goanet]Goa's social indicators Tim, I am afraid keeping silent and agreeing with Miguel is not enough. According to Miguel's last post, he wants you and everybody else to go back to Goa, surrender your foreign passports and fight for the future of Goa like a true Goan. So I guess you must still be in agreement and I guess you will be soon leaving Toronto to join Miguel in the Goa's downgrading process of true JAI HIND! >-----Original Message----- >From: Tim de Mello [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] sent: quarta-feira, 3 de Setembro de 2003 >Miguel: > >Just so you know - I fully support what you say. Just because we, "the silent majority" do not actively contribute to this debate, does not mean we do not have a point of view. > >We just do not have the same stamina as the Xacs and Ruis of this world. > >I just wish they could do something more productive with all that energy! > >Tim de Mello >CANADA ########################################################################## # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts # # More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
