Gosh, I have never ever encountered so much redundancy in a single post.
The net value of your post was nil! But then that is what happens when one runs out of valid arguments. The only way out is to attack and resource to remarks with no possible factual validation. For example, your statement that I am a friend of Bernado. How did you conclude that? The first time I established direct contact with Bernado was yesterday when I asked him from where he was. Before that, I only heard from his posts that are daring but, nonetheless, present valid arguments many times. How did you conclude that I live in Portugal? Most people on Goanet know that I live in London and have lived in London since 1995. But you not only took it for granted but also issued a statement that I live in Portugal. The problem with you is that you issue false statements in your posts without checking the validity. Most contributors start by saying "I believe", or "In my opinion", "According to the data published...", etc. But you actually issue statements as though they are valid just because you said them and you even go to the point to justify that you have read that in "many newspapers" or in the media in Goa! I honestly think you should revise what you want to say and look for the validity of those statements before posting them. Despite what you might think, your name Miguel is not rare. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of Migueis in Goa. Hence my humble request to know your surname. I think it is not too much to ask, is it? I also believe you have been in this forum for the past year or so, hence I had never heard of you. For your information, I have been an on-and-off member of GoaNet since 1994. Even though everybody knows me very well, I have always identified myself to the full. If I have signed as Paulo only, my e-mail id contains Paulo Colaco-Dias while yours contains only Miguel or Miguel12 - not very revealing, is it? Also, I can't see how by getting my DNA testing is going to reveal if I am an Indian or anything else. Did you find that in your hard(ly) factual-based research that Indians have different genes that can help to distinguish themselves from the other human beings? Where did I mention in my post "Portuguese descent"??? I do not have any claims of that sort. You are again speculating and again issuing false statements. Your posts are just as bad as they can get in terms of false statements. Are you one of those who discriminate against "mesticos", "descendentes" or "mulatos"??? Even though I am not one of them, I find that most unfortunate in many of us Goans. My request to you: "Lastly, Miguel, in future, please talk for yourself", was in response to your statement that "we Goans do not need Rui's advice". Firstly, Rui was not giving any advices. He was merely responding to other contributor's opinions/discussions. I know Rui extremely well and that gives me the right to defend and support him and his views which I second 100%. You would do the same for your best mate. But you do not know me and I would never allow you to include myself in your definition of "we". Is that crystal clear now or shall I draw it for you so that you can understand? The last part of your post is so rude that I am not even going to bother replying. It speaks a lot for the person you are. Could not find any indications of "Arcanjo". But, thanks for letting me know. I will keep that in mind just before pressing the delete button next time. Paulo Colaco Dias. -----Original Message----- From: Miguel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: 03 September 2003 04:44 To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: [Goanet]Goa's social indicators Dear Paulo Colaco-Dias, There is just one Miguel posting on Goanet,so I do not see the need to write my surname every time. I am definitely not ashamed of my name.I am proud to be a Braganca[I write it as Braganza,for I hate to be called Braganka for want of a proper type face or key]Both my parents are Braganca. I am Miguel Arcanjo Braganca,joneiro/gaunkar of Communidade Agricole de Mapusa and a parishioner of St.Jerome's Church famous for its Milagres feast(Festa da Nossa Senhora das Milagres).My residential address and phone number can be given to you on request. Your friend Bernado Colaco does not have the courage to do likewise. Aquino Braganca is not my first cousin:he is one generation older to me. I only stated that he was born in Goa to differentiate from Rui Colaco,who was born in Mocambique.He and my uncle Luis were in Mocambique.They made different choices and both were different from the one that Rui made.That was the purpose of the statement. Nothing else. We have lots of achievers in my family.I was not boasting about Aquino and Luis;just stating an example. I think you can understand that. If you cannot,I am wasting my time. Granted that most our parents[and many of us on the goanet who were born upto 18 December,1961] were Portuguese nationals by virtue of being born in the Estado da India.Unless you have European blood in you,I do not see the Portuguese descent. I am 100% Goan[not mulatto,descendent or mestizo or ,for that matter ,siddhi/abyssinian]and that makes me an Indian. You may be confused about that.I am not. Get your DNA tested. Pakistani,Nepali and Bangladeshi peoples belong to the Indian sub-continent.They just have different nationalities. The Bangladeshi people are Bengali.Till December,1971,they were called East Pakistani and before 1947 they were Indians.One does not change one's genes with one's nationality,citizenship or passport. Those who think they do,delude themselves. I have accepted the differentiation that Rui made between 'running a casino' and living off its profits. Since you are harping on it,I would like to add that a pimp who lives on the earnings of a prostitute does not become more respectable than the prostitute.At least the prostitute works for her living---even though it is mostly on her back. Does that clear your doubt. After 1999,one prostitute's earnings were no longer available to those who would like to venerate the veneral.Viva Macau! To me Rui is an intelligent,balanced person.You do him dis-service by picking up his cause. He is capable of handling it in a more gentlemanly manner."Lastly, Miguel, in future, please talk for yourself" . I do not recall Rui authorizing you to post on his behalf. Practice what you preach. I speak and write for myself. If you want to advise Goans in Goa[I am one of them],come down here,surrender your passport ,nationality and citizenship of Portugal and talk.If you do not have that courage,hold your peace. Sitting in Portugal you can talk of corruption in India.You will sing a different tune if you are sentenced to a jail term for libel/defamation in India. Have courage to face the consequences,or continue as differently coloured citizen of an adopted land. If you have a problem with other national of your adopted country,that is your problem.Solve it in Portugal,in Portuguese or any other language of your choice. Why are you wasting time and space on Goanet? If you lack cheer in Portugal,drink Porto,Tinto or Azeite de Antonio* Oliviera* Salazar! Or join Mocidade Portuguesa. Cheers! Viva Goa!! Miguel Arcanjo de Braganca ########################################################################## # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts # # More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
