Shri Paulo Colaco-Dias, Validation is needed when in doubt.Expatriates need to validate their Goan experience when they lose touch with the realities in Goa. Fortunately,quite a few expats on the Goanet have not lost their 'reality checks'.I will not say IMHO because that is the truth. I will also not say * a majority* because I have not conducted a net poll. Other comments are interspersed. I will take your name out from the common cause with Xac. Who is he, by the way, and where does he reside? You are one of the few[perhaps the only one]that has established direct contact with him. He normally only rubs people,albeit on the wrong side.Contacting him has been more difficult than going to Mars.
Regards, Miguel de Braganca ----- Original Message ----- From: "Colaco-Dias, Paulo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Gosh,I have never ever encountered so much redundancy in a single post. Comment:There is always a'first time'! The net value of your post was nil! Comment: Hardly the case. It has produced a lengthy rejoinder from you[unless what you post is worthless in your own opinion!] *Most* people on Goanet know that I live in London and have lived in London since 1995. Comment: Did you conduct a poll on Goanet recently to conclude that? How do YOU validate that sweeping statement? I honestly think you should revise what you want to say and look for the validity of those statements before posting them. Comment: Et Tu,Brute? Despite what you might think, your name Miguel is not rare. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of Migueis in Goa. Hence my humble request to know your surname. I think it is not too much to ask, is it? Comment: As far as I know,I am the only Miguel that is posting on Goanet.Admitted,it is a common name in Goa[though rarely with that spelling,'Minguel'is more common.],not on Goanet. I also believe you have been in this forum for the past year or so, hence I had never heard of you. For your information, I have been an *on-and-off* member of GoaNet since 1994. Even though *everybody knows me* very well, I have always identified myself to the full. Where did I mention in my post "Portuguese descent"??? I do not have any claims of that sort. You are again speculating and again issuing false statements. Your posts are just as bad as they can get in terms of false statements. Are you one of those who discriminate against "mesticos", "descendentes" or "mulatos"??? Even though I am not one of them, I find that most unfortunate in many of us Goans. Comment: A name is just a part of one's identity.*Everybody* obviously does not include me.I do not know your parentage,nationality,citizenship,domicile,marital status,etc as you have so considerately pointed out. I do not know how many Goanetters know you*very well*. Also, I can't see how by getting my DNA testing is going to reveal if I am an Indian or anything else. Did you find that in your hard(ly) factual-based research that Indians have different genes that can help to distinguish themselves from the other human beings? Comment: Please read up.The horizons of knowledge have grown . My request to you: "Lastly, Miguel, in future, please talk for yourself", was in response to your statement that "we Goans do not need Rui's advice".Firstly, Rui was not giving any advices. He was merely responding to other contributor's opinions/discussions. I know Rui extremely well and that gives me the right to defend and support him and his views which I second 100%. You would do the same for your best mate. Comment:Knowing Rui gives you the right.Knowing Goans and being one of them and living with them and feeling with them,denies me the same right. I am not talking of ex-patriate Goans[nothing against them as long as they don't preach];I am talking about Goans [of whatever parentage]in Goa. Could not find any indications of "Arcanjo". But, thanks for letting me know. I will keep that in mind just before pressing the delete button next time. Paulo Colaco Dias. Comment:That won't help you one bit.My middle name is not part of my email ID.If you speak Portuguese ,it will not even add to your vocabulary! Cheers!! ;)) VIVA GOA . JAI HIND Miguel de Braganca --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.514 / Virus Database: 312 - Release Date: 8/29/2003 --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.514 / Virus Database: 312 - Release Date: 8/28/2003 ########################################################################## # Send submissions for Goanet to [EMAIL PROTECTED] # # PLEASE remember to stay on-topic (related to Goa), and avoid top-posts # # More details on Goanet at http://joingoanet.shorturl.com/ # # Please keep your discussion/tone polite, to reflect respect to others # ##########################################################################
