Enjoy your holiday in Goa. Stay at THE GARCA BRANCA from November to May
        There is no better, value for money, guest house.
             Confirm your bookings early or miss-out

On 22/06/06, Vidyadhar Gadgil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Elisabeth Carvalho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Goanet] Further to the Da Vinci Code (Re evangelisation)

>  The Pope is talking about conversions that
> take place in India voluntarily.

> MV Kamath, writes this in his letter:
> The Pope owes an apology to Hindus and to India on
> bended knees.

M.V. Kamath is a well-known ideologue and apologist for the Sangh
Parivar, and need not be taken seriously. Or maybe one could say that
K.S. Sudarshan owes an apology to Christians and the Vatican on bended
knees :-)

RESPONSE: The post was forwarded from a communist news source!

Please, this kind of confusion is dangerous. What Hindu religious
authorities? Since when did the Bajrang Dal and the BJP and their
brethren acquire the status of religious authorities?

We must always be careful to distinguish between Hinduism (the religion)
and Hindutva (the political ideology). The dangers of such confusion are
clear, to make an analogy, what if people the world over start blaming
Christians in general and 'Christian religious authorities' for the
imperialist agenda of George Bush, which is clearly motivated by his
skewed interpretation of Christian fundamentalist doctrine?

--
Question everything -- Karl Marx

RESPONSE: Believe it or not! I and many others who oppose George
Bush's and Tony Blair's doctrine, are many times tarred with the same
brush...but we soldier on. You are on the ball, about being mindful,
of being absolutely correct about our perceptions. We have to be
clear, whom we point the finger at! These right wing fundamentalists,
of whatever creed or beliefs, are an ill wind that blows nobody any
good.

--
DEV BOREM KORUM.

Gabe Menezes.