It's been many years since I was involved in developing complex systems
(C++ and Java). But I agree, it was mostly lists and sets with searching
and sorting. But I also used them for algorithms a good bit. Thus I would
guess that the maintainers of GONUM libraries might benefit (anyone
confirm?).

I haven't seen many libraries developed in Go yet, but I think it likely
many would benefit from generics. And I think it could simple and readable.
I tend to think of it as an analogue to `go generate`. The latter is for
package *authors*... a similar feature for package *users *is all that is
needed.