On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 2:06 AM, Dan Kortschak <dan.kortsc...@adelaide.edu.au
> wrote:

> We use sets in the graph packages, but the number of set types is
> pretty limited (sets of nodes and sets of either int or int64) and
> map[T] works for that level of use.
>
> The only other place where it might be useful for us is in in place of
> generating float32 versions of float64 blas and lapack implementations.

the other place I had (very recently) felt they could have been useful:
 - having a mat.Dense of math/big.Rat (in lieu of a mat.Dense of float64)

> Honestly, I've never really felt a lack.

the other time I felt an urge to reach for generics was when implementing
code for reading/writing various scientific data file formats (astro, HEP).
but I was surprised to realize generics weren't *that* necessary after some
aclimatation time. (I am coming from C++/python.)

-s