> Because it's easy to write a short correct find loop for the type you
> are using, but a good implementation of append is a much larger
> function.  See also http://www.airs.com/blog/archives/559 .

So "append" is already done. May I propose to implement a generic "find"
function?

That should be possible without coming up with good general generics
support, shouldn't it?

In my everyday programming life a check if an item is inside an Array is
very common. Often this
is even built-in syntax (like in Python "if a in array...").

I will have a hard time selling this missing feature to my team.

Martin