On Wednesday, 12 June 2019 17:25:19 UTC+2, Michael Jones wrote:

> Bakul, these are good points.
>

> Nice work, Michael; nice comments, Bakul.

It's nice when the philosophy behind intuition is given some solidity. I
keep hoping to see more of Dijkstra's "A Discipline of Programming" leaking
into the Go psyche, but there have been a few too many diversions that may
never be reversed.

Personally, I see exactly zero benefit in x++ or x--, now that these are
more clearly represented as x += 1 and x -= 1. I have discarded them from
my idioms. But that's just me. I'm hoping no one will find it necessary to
edit my code to correct this :-).

Lucio.