The more I look at the proposed generic syntax the more I feel like a texan
fearing the californian relocation to my state. In other words I am feeling
like Go had something awesome and extremely conservative going on in terms
of syntax and because people from other super convoluted languages are
coming over (which their leaving should say a lot about their said
language) and they don't have their one "to die for" feature from their old
language they are expecting us to conform.

The reality I want to ask is whether any of the designers of the language
actually want this feature to the point that they want to be looking at
said feature all day, every day when they are working on other people's
code, or are they just conforming because so many people are asking for a
feature, and they feel a desire to give the people what they ask for,
without considering the fact that the majority doesn't always consider the
implications of what they ask for?

I dont intend to go any more political than this, but what im trying to say
if were going to ruin the language, atleast ruin it in a way where we
isolate the code where its being ruined, that way when we get to that point
in the code we know to think "okay this is where things can get screwy".

What I mean is to just give us an omnipotent "any" builtin type and to make
those special case functions that get extra attention by the runtime.

func sort(a, b any){
if a < b{
lots of pre defined magic happens
}

if a.(type) < a.(type){
lots of compile time magic happens

if the people want magic give them magic, but don't ruin the language for
the rest of us.

The current proposals suck and the current proposal is going to be a
constant reminder that the language sucks now as soon as you put them in.
The fact that you keep blogging essentially "hey guys were about to put in
generics... are you absolutely sure..... because we aren't and once we do
were kind of stuck with it...?"

The answer is simply biological.

If you don't want to then don't. But if you do then put it in already.