And you might argue, well hell this is no different than proposing

func Sort(a, b interface{}[]){
 if a.(type) ...
}

Exactly because the language isn't broken.

C gets along just fine without generics. In fact that is considered a
feature of the language.

What absolutely doesn't scale is keeping into consideration the millions of
whats your code could be defined way up there ^ in the file (or more
horrifically, defined in another file) can actually impact the code you are
looking at here > on the current line of code. That doesn't scale and I
thought that was the point why we were happy with the compromise between
interfaces and not having generics?

Give me one example of something you can't do (according to turing) in Go
but you can in another language with convoluted generic syntax, and ill be
totally on board. But the fact that you can't proves that this feature
sucks and rejecting the majority is what should be done.

I mean if they were demanding us to put in classes would we give them that
just because they all demanded it? Because frankly, I see way more
usefulness in the genericity of classes than i do in the genericity of
types.