"Not to point out the obvious, but if you don't want to have a political
discussion, it would be wise not to start one.
Again, this has been discussed. I don't see how this thread can end any
differently."

The way it can end differently is that you have smart people making better
arguments so that an actual bipartisan consensus can actually be reached
between two very different mindsets.

The idea that you think that a never ending grueling effort to argue the
same points over and over again is a waste of time, proves that you don't
believe in democracy, because that is how it works. And that is not a flaw,
that is it's best feature.