Thanks Nick

I've checked out your code and it looks similar to other work I've done
myself before, adapting apache commons so that it would use GAE's low level
support for sockets.
It did work for a while but then it stopped. When I complained about they
told me simply that GAE don't support FTP, full stop:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/google-appengine/FTP%7Csort:date/google-appengine/mVVDE4wECbY/t4lEQDUzDQAJ

Things like "More future-oriented people might resent having to use an FTP
server" drive me furious, what about actually listening to customers (us)?
Future-oriented people might resent using GAE standard.
I could add a lot more but I guess our monthly bill is nothing so I'll shut
up

Emanuele

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/8bcac3ba-7a59-456c-a1d4-4acab6204c1a%40googlegroups.com.