Hi,

Here it says it is 24 hours, even for the standard environment. Am I
interpreting this wrong?

from
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/an-overview-of-app-engine

*Deadlines  / Manual Scaling:*

Requests can run for up to 24 hours. A manually-scaled instance can choose
to handle /_ah/start and execute a program or script for many hours without
returning an HTTP response code. Task queue tasks can run up to 24 hours.

I know this is not the best case even optimal case for AppEngine, but I am
trying to find a way to utilize AppEngine for a small task, managing long
running tcp connections. I know I can do this on a simple and small
instance.

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/41b44c9c-2835-464a-857a-a6dc3f63cfe8%40googlegroups.com.