The document you are referring is for App Engine Standard Environment.

Could you provide more details on your use-case? For instance, If you want
to continuously receive and process data, Cloud Dataflow
<https://cloud.google.com/dataflow/> can be a better option for you.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/20538e7e-feb9-4909-8489-52731d8e54d3%40googlegroups.com.