That's a good point about not being able to test your new solution on the
same input that you know you got right, Dmitriy. A few other thoughts:

- I don't know whether the UI makes this clear -- note to team, hopefully
there's a really clear indication that you still have points from previous
submissions -- but *you can't lose points you have earned on a visible
dataset*, no matter what you submit later.

- I agree that it isn't without penalty, but I don't think 4 penalty
minutes is a very significant cost. I also don't think there's anything
wrong with that cost being present.

- When writing an analysis, it's often helpful to first consider a simpler
version of a problem before you consider a more complex version. I believe
that's what they're doing here.

- Although there are a couple of things that make it less appealing -- lack
of ability to test on a Google-generated dataset, and the extra 4 penalty
minutes -- it's still totally reasonable to code up a solution that solves
the Visible and not the Invisible set. For example, what if you don't know
*how* to solve the invisible one? Or, as we've discussed here, what if
you're planning on submitting the Invisible set later if you get a chance?

Cheers,
Bartholomew