Hey guys,

I've got what I think is a pretty straightforward task but I'm having a
little issue figuring out where to attach in my code.

I've got an embedded H2 database being used in an installed application to
manage state of some objects. I'm using Hibernate as my JPA implementation
and everything is working great. The one issue I have is that the path of
the database file is set in my URL as:

jdbc:h2:file:./data/application_db;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE;

which changes depending on how the application is executed. I'd like to
have the database file be written in a location set by an environment
variable, so that I'd have:

jdbc:h2:file:*$APP_DB_PATH*
/data/application_db;DB_CLOSE_ON_EXIT=FALSE;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE;

I've tried several different forms and it doesn't seem to be taking.

Has anyone encountered this and could give me a pointer on how to implement?

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-guice/ed5b261c-62de-41b1-872f-7585ca134d0f%40googlegroups.com.