Do you think it would be possible to share the BUILD file(s), or a
stripped-down version of it, even privately?
I'd love to see how it compares to Maven and other build systems.

Now back to the CL: given the move to Git soon, which will require some
changes on your side, is it wise to make such a change now? I mean, MOE
[1][2] for instance can very well sync external "src" to internal "java"
("transmogrify" as they call it).
On the other hand, given that the new Git repos will be populated from
Google's internal repo, maybe the answer to the above is "yes", and take
advantage of the repo move to "transmogrify" them back to "src" (along
with rollbacking the changes to the Ant files) outside Google.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/make-open-easy/
[2] http://code.google.com/p/moe-java/