> There's no reason to rebuild every GWT app and run all the tests
> because one Java file in gwt.user changed that most people don't even
> use.

Just to understand more, how does avoiding ant solve the problem?

If RarelyUsedFile.java in gwt-user changes, then from my reading of the
blog post, the gwt-user input/digest would have changed, so the
gwt-user label would be considered dirty, so it seems like all
downstream projects would have to rebuild it anyway.

Regardless of ant being used or not.

Unless ant's output is not deterministic? Just curious.

- Stephen