re: Heiko Braun

it means having an optional compilation path that does not recompile the
entire world (as the current monolithic compile path does) and instead
tries to recompile just files (or or modules) that have changed.

it is exploratory work for me right now as there are very many issues
standing in its way.

if/when it is done and ready it should make a big impact on SuperDev mode
refresh time by reducing compile time (when compiles are run
non-monolithically)