Hi,

I am a J2EE developer. I am looking to learn and apply the AJAX
technology at work and gain a skill that will help me in my career
going forward.

I am trying to understand the level of maturity of the GWT framework
for the entrprise development and how it compares with Adobe Flex
framework if one wants to build production-ready enterise web
applications while utilizing J2EE technologies (Spring/Hibenate/JSP/
JSF) for the middle-tier/server side.

On one hand, I see a lot of posts here where many developers praise
GWT as a great UI technology. On the other hand, when I do a search on
Dice.com for GWT jobs in New York, NY for the past 30 days, I see only
14 jobs that mention GWT and way over a hundred jobs that mention
Adobe Flex.

It's a very rough test, but can we assume that Flex is more marketable
and more in demand on the job market as a UI/AJAX tehcnology? What do
you think is the outlook for GWT vs Flex for the rest of 2009?

Thanks