That really depends on what you're trying to do. If you want to build
a multimedia website that's going to have a lot of video streaming and
audio, then you're better off with Flex. However, if you want a snappy
and clean web application, you're better off with GWT. I haven't been
particularly impressed with the performance of Flex websites. Even
large websites like http://parleys.com are slow on my brand new MBP on
a 1 MB/s connection. And while Flex is the perfect candidate for
Parleys, I definitely wouldn't want web applications I'm working on to
be that slow.

--
Arthur Kalmenson