thanks for your reply thomas. for me, there is two cases of slowness.

- the rpc is quite slow. i am using it to return a few thousand by
eleven column of data(String)....
- i have a tabset within my application which i copied from the
smartgwt showcase.... when i click on new tab with google map on
it...... it will normally hang and need  a few minutes to finally
display the result. sometimes, it will hang forever.

can you give me some links to these tutorials? if you have any.....

thanks again..