> - the rpc is quite slow. i am using it to return a few thousand by
> eleven column of data(String)....

a) RPC is *much* slower in hosted mode than deployed in web mode. You
should time your RPC performance (separately to the table "draw" time)
when deployed to find out how it is really performing
b) having said that, fetching several thousand rows of data and
displaying it in one operation is likely to be unacceptably slow. It
takes javascript engines quite a long time attach thousands of HTML
elements to the DOM. It is generally much faster to do it in page-
fulls even though it takes multiple RPC calls to do it that way. You
might want to check out the PagingScrollTable in the incubator.

> - i have a tabset within my application which i copied from the
> smartgwt showcase.... when i click on new tab with google map on
> it...... it will normally hang and need  a few minutes to finally
> display the result. sometimes, it will hang forever.

SmartGWT is a GWT wrapper around a javascript library. It might be
difficult to figure out why it is not performing well for your use
case, and very difficult to do anything about it if you can. Generally
speaking, if you use pure GWT you will get higher performance and more
flexibility and code transparency.