On 16 avr, 08:30, Vitali Lovich <vlov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that's wrong - inserting things into a table, detached or
> not, will still result, AFAIK, in DOM operations.

...but DOM operations on a detached tree is much faster because it
cannot cause a reflow or repaint (same for display:none DOM subtree).
See http://ajaxian.com/archives/browser-reflows-how-do-they-affect-performance
and in general the articles in http://ajaxian.com/by/topic/performance
(you'd have to understand GWT internals to make use of some of the
advices; for instance, queueing [1] maps to GWT's DeferredCommand --do
not forget to push "pause" in the command queue-- and
IncrementalCommand; and the memoizer can hardly be done as proposed
without digging into JSNI, though the same result could be achieved in
pure Java using a different, probably non-reusable, pattern)

[1] http://ajaxian.com/archives/speed-up-your-javascript-with-memoization