Hi Daniel,Please try upgrading to SmartGWT 1.2. Hosted mode should perform
better.  You're right that most of the resources from a compile output are
not used and so if you're benchmarking, best to actually see what's
transferred over the wire rather than the size of the output directory on
the server. The default com.smartgwt.SmartGwt module bundles all the
readable source versions that have a lot of documentation, the obfuscated /
minified ones, various tools like the Developer Console and a lot of other
resources that are pretty much never used in deployment. I'll look into
creating a module that outputs the minimal resources which will save some MB
of disk space on the server.

As for runtime performance, you can have a look at the SmartGWT showcase
which is comparable is size to a real world application having ~260 samples
and includes most widget types. If you're not using Calendar, or TileGrid
etc you can exclude these resources.

Sanjiv