Hi all,

For a few month a had the same problems: GXT or SmartGWT and I choose
GXT. Ok now why?
The main reason was the speed. Cause the extjs team recreated the
whole library in pure GWT code, what make it amazing fast. But that
was for a few month. Currently SmartGWT has nearly the same
performance, but I think the main reason is that the browsers are now
much faster (I am using Firefox 3.5). Currently I am thinking again,
but I am not a fan of wrapper libraries. I know there is a lot of work
in creating SmartGWT, but there are some disadvantages:
1. When the GWT compiler gets better and can optimize more and more,
the SmartGWT library will not get any of these advantages.
to pure GWT application. But the first time is the time where the user
decides to stay on this page or not... in most cases there is no
second chance.
3. Upcoming features like runAsync bring no advantages.

Greetz
Malte