One more thing, regardless to SmartGWT or GXT (though was noticed with
Isomorphic thing): browser just get nuts if you put enough complexity
in there and then resize the UI. Since they don't use sizing like 100%
or something, they use actual size recalculation in pixels. I know why
and that's a reason for it. But still this makes your little Atom
processor on netbooks to feel really sorry.

In other words, let's back to applets/JNLP. :-) JavaFX, for example,
is a great thing anyway. For graphs/charts etc. And CPU/memory wise it
is still reasonable and competitive. The only thing I really dislike:
that ugly startup in the applet. But once it is cached — users are
very satisfied much more than with Flash thing.

--
bm