On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Sanjiv Jivan <sanjiv.ji...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's quite easy to criticize a library, isn't it?

Sanjiv, I remember all that ugly story with you and Ext stuff. And
really appreciate the thing you do. But still, what's wrong with a
constrictive criticism? I am using SmartGWT as the only lib so far in
many projects (although free version :-). So at least I have a right
to "smoke my cigarette" and share with others that the lib is not very
brilliant BUT usable, so no need to run elsewhere, but TRY to improve
it (that's what I said between the lines, BTW). And you also have a
right to listen my stupid feedback and make your own conclusions. :-)

Besides, as a little example among dozen of others, folks (including
myself) were sending multiple complains to the forum about calendar
dialogs that are not customizable, that they are literally fugly:
because who would need ridiculously big dialog while editing an event,
but widgets are very small and grouped at left/top corner? — all the
rest space is for banners and ads or something?.. How to nicely
replace that dialog with my own and why this is so obvious thing
simply hard-coded? etc. Or I am missing something and this is changed
already? So far I've simply either got ignored or being told "we won't
change that".

Hence, if you, guys, "won't change that because we said so", then I
doubt anyone would waste their time writing any feedback or bugreport
knowing it will be rejected/ignored anyway...

--
bm