On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Bogdan Maryniuck <b.maryni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:38 AM, mariyan nenchev
> <nenchev.mari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > i had the opportunity to write medium sized app with smart gwt, and for
> me
> > it was the most painful framework for me ever.
>
> Yes, it is.
>
> > I do not know what are the changes in 2.0, i used 1.2, but i am not will
> never try it again.
>
> Yes. And nobody here likes resource management. And Smart GWT is very
> buggy. Yes, it is horrible, yes it is painful, but I am not really
> sure what else exists that would work on older browsers, while having
> same set of functionality. Maybe one day I have to play with
> http://vaadin.com/ a little, but currently I stick to SmartGWT: works
> for me, though I have to roll my eyes and sight deeply at least twice
> per hour, while implementing things.

It's quite easy to criticize a library, isn't it? Instead of making blanket
statements like these have you tried reporting the issues on the SmartGWT
forum, or file an issue in tracker. I don't recall any posts from you on the
SmartGWT forum, nor any issue in tracker. Given this, and your short history
on the GWT forum, its hard to tell if you're just inexperienced, haven't
read the extensive documentation, or have run into an issue but chose to
roll your eyes instead of reporting it.

SmartGWT is based on SmartClient, which has been around for some 8+ years
and it is very stable. No software is perfect, however if you take a step
back and have a look at the depth and breath of functionality it provides
you'll realize that how low the bug / functionality ratio is.

The SmartGWT tracker has only 34 open defects  :
http://code.google.com/p/smartgwt/issues/list

Try comparing this number with you favorite major library. If you have run
into an issue that is not yet reported, please do report it. Complaining
that a library is horrible, but still the best suited for you makes no
sense.

If you've already made up your mind that SmartGWT is not for you, thats
fine. But if you're want to be constructive, post your questions and issues
on the SmartGWT forum and you'll see that legitimate issues are resolved
promptly.

Sanjiv