Have you profiled your application in Chrome using Speed Tracer?

http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/speedtracer/

Even if overall performance is acceptable in Chrome and Firefox, there
are bottlenecks in any application.  If you find and optimize those
bottlenecks in Speed Tracer, there's a good chance that you will be
able to improve performane in all browsers.