> I'd like to ask, however, the reasons for planning to remove support for
> IE6/7/8?  Why would we do that?

To simplify the code base and moving on (HTML 5) I would say.

JQuery for example already did that transition. JQuery 2.0 does not support
IE6-8 anymore but they still maintain JQuery 1.9.x for people that still
need IE6-8 browser support. In terms of GWT you can still use the last
version that supports IE6-8 and then decide yourself when its time to move
to a newer GWT version for your site.

-- J.