On 06/06/14 21:43, Markus Neteler wrote:
On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Moritz Lennert <moritz.lenn...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:
As I've already told Markus off-list, I think that in order for this to work
we would need a clearly defined release-process with clear announcements of
the different steps (pre-freeze warning sufficiently early, freeze
announcement, pre-tag announcement, etc) and a strict respect of the rules
during this process (i.e. no non bugfix commits during a freeze), etc.

It doesn't seem to happen.

At this stage there have never been clear announcements, easily identifiable as such for all developers. We should not assume that every developer reads every thread. Thus, such announcements should be outside of existing threads, and clearly marked in the subject.

Please note ... the OSGeoLive feature freeze for the FOSS4G Portland
conf is upcoming. Would be a pity to not even see 6.4.4 therein!

I'm a bit more available in the next weeks, so I can help with this process. Just let me know.

Moritz