On 1/04/19 09:35, "Peter Löwe" wrote:
Hello PSC,
before we actually venture into GitHub, I propose we should consider beforehand how the GRASS repo(s) *could* make use  of the Zenodo archive in the future, so we can set up things in a way that this option can be used (setting up of credentials, etc.). Zenodo is a open-access long term scientific archive (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zenodo), operated and maintained by CERN. The Zenodo software itself is also FOSS. Connecting repos on GitHub with Zenodo is easy: https://guides.github.com/activities/citable-code/ IMHO we could use this mechanism to provide scientific citability and long term preservation for the old stable releases GRASS 4.x, 5.x and 6.x.

+1

Moritz