Maya,
I'm afraid you made this statement( though at a particular juncture
and in an attempt to clarify your point that the majority of
uneducated poor women are too preoccupied with saving themselves from
the brutality within and outside their homes to be able to think of
what gender and sexuality mean):
"They don't even know what gender and sexuality mean. They jsut want
some way
first, to save themselves from the brutality that they face from men
inside
or outside house. So first the gradual changing steps still would have
to be
fllowed."

This could indeed, convey a mood of saying like "they don't understand
as we do".

The intention of my post however,is not just to point out this.
Apart from  acknowledging  the need to draw strength from and lend
more strength to such initiatives as pennkodathi,
will the fighters for women's cause in Kerala continue to keep their
silence about  demand for equal citizenship?
 If you were suggesting that struggle for  equality doesn't find a
place even  in the wildest imaginations of the most oppressed and poor
women as it occurs in the case of so called liberated women, I like to
counter it, because it is just the other way round.
 Let democratically minded people in one voice demand to the Women's
Commission, custodians of law and order , law makers, courts ,
protectionist-minded political parties, media and few  NGOs working on
women front:
Stop Propagating the Biggest Lie That Safety of Woman Lies In
Restricting Her Civic Freedoms. Stop Adding Insult to  Injury.
Regards,
Venu.