Dear GROW chairs and participants,

I would like to propose draft-jaufeerally-bgp-lg-cap-00 (
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jaufeerally-bgp-lg-cap/) as a
mechanism for in-band dissemination of looking glass endpoints in BGP,
using a new OPEN message capability.

The rationale behind this is to facilitate automation around eBGP peering,
for example  to make it possible to automatically detect if the peer has
accepted some routes which are expected to be accepted.

I'm aware that the underlying RFC8522 is an informational RFC and leaves
some details unspecified for the response format (i.e. a schema for the
queries/responses) but I believe that can be further refined in other works
independent to this proposal.

I would like to hear what the WG thinks, if this is a reasonable proposal
which fits into the broader charter of GROW?

Thanks,
Rayhaan