From: GROW <grow-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Rayhaan Jaufeerally (IETF)
Sent: Saturday, April 24, 2021 6:38 AM
To: grow@ietf.org
Subject: [GROW] BGP Looking Glass Capability

Dear GROW chairs and participants,

I would like to propose draft-jaufeerally-bgp-lg-cap-00
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jaufeerally-bgp-lg-cap/) as a mechanism
for in-band dissemination of looking glass endpoints in BGP, using a new OPEN
message capability.

The rationale behind this is to facilitate automation around eBGP peering, for
example  to make it possible to automatically detect if the peer has accepted
some routes which are expected to be accepted.

I'm aware that the underlying RFC8522 is an informational RFC and leaves some
details unspecified for the response format (i.e. a schema for the
queries/responses) but I believe that can be further refined in other works
independent to this proposal.

I would like to hear what the WG thinks, if this is a reasonable proposal which
fits into the broader charter of GROW?

Thanks,
Rayhaan