Thanks ..  So when I bring down the remote server Current state goes from
READY to IDLE .  the channel stays in shutdown terminated both to false.
It seems to stay that way.  At what point would it ever transition out of
READY?   I tried bringing the remote endpoint back up and that instance of
managed channel still seems to just reporting IDLE.

When if ever would it go from IDLE  back to READY?

Will it only go to SHUTDOWN when there is an explicit shutdown done on the
channel ?

So for a channel that is READY is the only thing I need to look at is when
it moves out of the READY state I should make a new connection ?

Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/grpc-io/16cb5424-9fee-49c6-823f-bf8b65db3678%40googlegroups.com.