On Sunday 4. February 2018 17.01.55 H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Anyways, I learned a lot of interesting and useful things for our
> projects. E.g. why the FST01 crypto key was developed an
> about about the status. And I established a contact to the
> developer and gnupg.org.

Great to hear that you got in contact with these communities!

[...]

> What do you think? Would there be some developers here who
> could and want to afford buying one of a handful of prototypes
> of a Pyra-Phone? If yes, we can easily set up our own
> preorder/crowdfunding campaign.

Given that the necessary work on the Pyra seems to be nearing completion
(thanks to Michael's unrelenting tirelessness, patience, and focus on the
details, alongside your own work in enabling the enterprise), it seems almost
like a certainty and is therefore rather tempting.

However, I have hopes that progress on Neo900 will resume fairly soon. Joerg
was too modest to mention it in his recent messages, but it remains a
significant initiative whose success seems to be continuously frustrated by
unfortunate circumstances. And it has a lot in common with GTA04, of course.

> Let me finish this mail with expressing the hope that we will
> revitalize these mailing lists. They form the core of
> communication besides personal meetings like at FOSDEM. So
> please actively use them just for discussions, even if you
> have no time for other contributions.

Indeed, it would be nice to see the different projects helping each other
along. For instance, Neo900 could presumably benefit a lot from the Letux
kernel work, and it could potentially inform GTA04 production if that is ever
revisited.

Just some greater awareness amongst the different groups of what else is out
there would be nice, though. That is surely something these lists can help
with.

Paul

P.S. Sorry to cross-post, but it wasn't clear if I should restrict the reply
to the Tinkerphones list.