On 7/26/06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Folks, Example: A man who has a cyberhand to replace his missing crippled hand, he takes the disdavantage "crippled" with the modifier of "correctable". If he takes bionic eyes, he must also take blind as a disadvantage with "correctable" as a modifier.
I don't think this approach is accurate. Can anyone yank this man's hand or his eyes off? Can he loose them? In most settings, the answer would be "no".
Ah well, I think I'm going to consider the prospect of my original philosophy regarding CYBERPUNK character generation the correct one in view of all this in GURPS 4e. Equipment that you can buy is still *JUST* equipment.
Another way to view cybernetics is as "powers". You buy the advantages you want, and give the whole package a "cybernetics" power modifier to represent the fact that there are relatively common ways to block or counter the abilities of cyberware. This detailed in GURPS Powers. One approach I've always liked is to charge character points for cyberware during character creation, and charge money for implants acquired during play. The character's point total would be adjusted accordingly, but he wouldn't actually have to pay any points for the "power". -- Bira http://compexplicita.blogspot.com http://sinfoniaferida.blogspot.com _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
