Here's a complicated power idea that's giving me a headache about
building in GURPS... hope you guys can help me.

Blood elves have the following racial abilities:
* Mana Tap
o 30 yd range - 30 sec cooldown
o Drains 50 mana from your target and charges you with Arcane energy
for 10 min. This effect stacks up to 3 times. You do not recover Mana
for using this ability.
* Arcane Torrent
o Instant - 2 min cooldown
o Silence all enemies within 8 yards for 2 sec. In addition, you gain
12 Mana/20 Energy for each charge of Mana Tap currently affecting you.


I'm thinking the basic part of Arcane Torrent is Affliction (Disad:
Cannot Speak; Area Effect x3; ridiculously reduced duration), linked to
some ability that recovers FP with a Trigger: Must Have Mana Tap
active.

Mana Tap itself I would call a FP-Damage Innate Attack with Maladiction
and the special effect that for the next 10 minutes you have the status
condition "Mana tap", which stacks up to three times. All the point
value of this state is in the Arcane Torrent ability - if you don't
have AT, you don't get any benefit out of Mana Tap.

The problem is, I really don't know how to price "When this ability
goes off, recover N fatigue points". I'm currently thinking pricing it
based on Extra FP, Only to RECOVER lost fatigue, Trigger, etc., but if
anyone has a better suggestion, I'd love to hear it.

--
Emily Smirle
Zwischen Leber und Milz, passt immer noch eine Pils.
Denn wo frueher mal die Leber war, ist heute eine Mini-Bar.
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to