> I've been think about sinking my teeth in writing all the documents:
> DTD, XML schema, XSL and the RDDL (Resource Directory Description
> Language), etc
> once I have read the gurps robots book
> 
>  tom_a_sparks

Another question is what I/you/we want to do. In recent years
I've been using the format from Vehicles Lite, not Vehicles 2
proper. Lite and Starships have both similarities and little 
differences. VE1st, VE2nd and Robots are more different. Then
there are ME, TS, TS:WVMDS, TS:AVMDS, IW, GT:GVMD, WWII, ...

Today I'm thinking about the target html format. The starting 
point are my JTAS articles, but JTAS didn't use CSS so they 
are very 'handmade' ... I've started to replace the hardcoded
spaces. I haven't done much CSS, so that is a learning 
experience, too.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="starships.css" />
<title>Starships</title>
</HEAD>
<body bgcolor=#ffffff text=#000000 marginwidth=0 marginheight=0>
 
 <hr />
 
 </p>
 
 <h3>Hyalearl, 100-ton Sulieman-Class Scout/Courier v1.0 (GURPS Traveller 
TL10)</h3>
 
 <p>The Hyalearl is a Scout/Courier assigned to the Security Branch of the 
Imperial Interstellar Scout Service. She is armed with two 500mm missile racks 
and one 250-MJ laser in the dorsal turret. The starboard cargo bay holds the 
usual air/raft hangar, but the port bay has been modified with a drop capsule 
system, low berths and a small surgery. The Scout/Courier is no real special 
ops craft, but she can jump into tight spots and get out again ... </p>
 
 <p>The ship has heavy compartmentalization. A typical crew consists of a 
captain/pilot, an astrogator, an engineer and five security troops. The listed 
payload includes an air/raft, 16 drop capsules, 18 missiles, two EW drones and 
40 stons of general cargo.</p>
 
 <p>
 <b>Subassemblies:</b> VGSL Hull +8, Turret +5.<br />
 <b>Powertrain:</b> Engineering, 3 Jump Drive, 20 Maneuver.<br />
 <b>Fuel:</b> 20 Jump Fuel Tank.<br />
 <b>Occ:</b> 4 Staterooms, 4 Low Berths&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<b><i>Cargo:</b></i> 8 
dtons
 </p>
 
 <p>
 <table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
 
 <tr>
 <td><p class="atheader1">Armor</p></td>
 <td><p class="atheader2">F</p></td>
 <td><p class="atheader2">RL</p></td>
 <td><p class="atheader2">B</p></td>
 <td><p class="atheader2">T</p></td>
 <td><p class="atheader2">U</p></td>
 </tr>
 
 <tr>
 <td><p class="atrow1">All:</p></td>
 <td><p class="atrow2">4/200</p></td>
 <td><p class="atrow2">4/200</p></td>
 <td><p class="atrow2">4/200</p></td>
 <td><p class="atrow2">4/200</p></td>
 <td><p class="atrow2">4/200</p></td>
 </tr>
 
 </table>
 </p>
 
<p>
 <b>Weaponry</b><br />
 2&#215;500mm Missile Racks [Turret].<br />
 1&#215;250-MJ Turret Laser [Turret].<br />
 </p>

 <p>
 <b>Equipment</b><br />
 <i>All:</i> Basic Stealth; Basic Emission Cloaking.
 <i>Hull:</i> Utility; two Fuel Processors; compact, hardened Basic Bridge with 
Planetary Survey Add-On; Drop Capsule Ready Rack; Drop Capsule Launcher; 
Spacedock (for one 0.5-dton air/raft); Sick Bay.
 </p>
 
 <p>
 <b>Statistics</b><br />
 <table cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0>
 <tr>
 <td><p><i>Size:</i>123'&#215;82'&#215;30'</p></td>
 <td><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p></td>
 <td><p><i>Payload:</i> 71 stons</p></td>
 <td><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p></td>
 <td><p><i>Lwt:</i> 379 stons</p></td>
 </tr>
 <tr>
 <td><p><i>Volume:</i> 100 dtons</p></td>
 <td><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p></td>
 <td><p><i>Maint:</i> 26 mh/day</p></td>
 <td><p>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</p></td>
 <td><p><i>Price:</i> MCr30.4</p></td>
 </tr>
 </table>
 </p>
 
 <p>
 <i>HT:</i> 12 <i>HPs:</i> 15,000 [Hull], 1,200 [Turret]
 </p>
 
 <p>
 <i>sAccel:</i> 2.1 Gs/2.6 Gs empty
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 <i>Jump:</i> 2
 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
 <i>aSpeed:</i> 2,360 mph
 </p>
 

 <hr>

</body>
</html>
_______________________________________________
GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]>
http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l

Reply via email to