> Ok Onno, that's what *you* can do/want to do. > > But such a VehicleML could be also the format to exchange vehicle > definitions; it could be used to set up a commonly accessible vehicle > database on the web; perhaps it could be also the new storage format for > the official GURPS vehicle builder. > > I understand that your primary goal was to have something that helps you > to give your vehicle library a new, better, more flexible format. That's > a good and valid intention. But then you started a public discussion > about that format. About something that seems to be great idea, a nice > thing for all of us, but you always limit your vision to what it can do > for *you* only. > > Obviously there is some interest in that topic here in this group, and I > assume that there are some more people here knowing more about XML than > just that it is something related to computers. Perhaps a broader > vision of the possibilities of a VehicleML could motivate some more of > them to enter the discussion and helping you to create a common, a > universal format for vehicle write-ups and perhaps even the necessary > tools to handle it. > > thr
Yes, but ... * I have four more days of holiday, and I want to have something to show for it before I return to the office on Monday. Not an updated website, maybe, but enough so that I can refine from there, a working proof-of-concept. The main stumbling block right now are tables in FOP. * XML can be flexible, with optional or unevaluated nodes. So I think I can go ahead with my requirements. * I see a big difference between a vehicle display format and a vehicle building format. So I don't think VehicleML can help GVB. Projects like this tend to slow after the initial flurry, and I want to set a reachable near-term goal. Onno _______________________________________________ GurpsNet-L mailing list <[email protected]> http://mail.sjgames.com/mailman/listinfo/gurpsnet-l
