Strange indeed! I could not seem to download the zip file. I tried three
times and, although Windows said the file was 16.5 megs, when I downloaded
it, I got a 50kb file that, when I tried to extract it, Windows said was
invalid. So, the fourth time, I hit Open instead of Save, and after a minute
or so, the file opened. I then was able to extract the bin file and upgrade
my standard model as per the rest of the instructions, which were the same
as with the previous upgrades. After all that, the upgrade went without a
hitch. I do like these separate volumes for my music and audio books. I did
not lose either my NLS or RFB&D authorizations.
Evan
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Jacobson" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2010 5:03 PM
Subject: Re: upgrading the booksense firmware
Also, the XT isn't usually this complex to upgrade either. This one was
strange, though.
Best regards,
Steve Jacobson
On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 07:10:45 -0800, Russ Kiehne wrote:
The booksense standard is much easier to update than the booksense xt. I
have the booksense standard. My upgrade went very well.
----- Original Message -----
From: "paul nobrega" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2010 6:13 AM
Subject: upgrading the booksense firmware
I did not realise it was so complicated to update the booksense: so much
simpler with the victor stream: just download the update, copy the file on
the sd card and restart the stream...
Paul
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list
and your message is related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your
message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at
http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender
only. If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is
related to GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to
[email protected] so the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can
manage your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.