I also lost my rfbd authorization which I did restore without problems,
but my nls authorization was not touched and still works as it should
after the upgrade.
Don
On 12/26/2010 9:21 PM, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:
Hello, I also lost my NLS and RFB&D authorization after the upgrade.
Luckily I too keep the zip and kxo files handy. However I imagine that
HIMS will be replacing many kxo files since a newer updated one is
needed for NLS users who also want to take advantage of protected
Openlibrary books. For any questions on this or on upgrading, folks
should contact HIMS Inc at 512-837-2000 or via email at
\[email protected].
Many thanks.
On 12/26/2010 11:58 PM, David Tanner wrote:
It wasn't nearly as difficult until this update. And, after I updated
my unit I had to go back and reinstall the RFB&D and NLS authorization
keys too. Thankfully I still had the information and it only took me
about 15 minutes to do the whole thing including re-downloading the
RFB&D key. But, my guess is that there are going to be a lot of folks
very mad when they loose their keys and don't have a clue how to get
them back or the tech skills to get it done without help.
----- Original Message -----
*From:* paul nobrega <mailto:[email protected]>
*To:* [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
*Sent:* Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:13 AM
*Subject:* upgrading the booksense firmware
I did not realise it was so complicated to update the booksense: so
much simpler with the victor stream: just download the update, copy
the file on the sd card and restart the stream...
Paul
If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the original sender only.
If your reply would benefit others on the list and your message is related to
GW Micro, then please consider sending your message to [email protected] so
the entire list will receive it.
GW-Info messages are archived at http://www.gwmicro.com/gwinfo. You can manage
your list subscription at http://www.gwmicro.com/listserv.