Hi Yeti,

Yeti: thank you, I'm not sure why I haven't tried the python way before. Part
of it is that the idea that the python module lives in the libgwyddion2-0 deb
did not occur to me.
Now I'm getting a bit of progress. It just feels rather unpythonic.

One thing I stumbled upon: I'm using debian testing's package (2.45) whose gwy
module looks for these libraries:

libgwyapp2.so, libgwydgets2.so, libgwyddion2.so, libgwydraw2.so,
libgwyprocess2.so, libgwymodule2.so

however they exist only with an additional .0 (libgwyapp2.so.0 etc) which are
symlinks to the actual library. additional symlinks witout the dot-zeros help
the python module getting started. Is that a packaging error or rather a bug in
the build script?

Best,

Arian